MALVERN ROAD NO 1 PTY LTD ACN is: 604 905 937
MALVERN ROAD NO 1 PTY LTD (604 905 937) (“THE HENDERSON”, “we”, “our” or “us”) is a property development organisation currently undertaking the re-development of 1639-1645 Malvern Road, Glen Iris VIC, known as THE HENDERSON (“Development“). THE HENDERSON operates a website under the domain name http://hendersonglen.wpengine.comgleniris.com.au (“Website“).
We recognise the importance of maintaining the privacy of the personal information of the individuals we deal with in undertaking the Development.
- Register your interest in purchasing an apartment in the Development, in which case you are a “Prospective Purchaser“; and/or
- Enter into a contract of sale to purchase an apartment in the Development, in which case you are a “Purchaser”.
Why is personal information collected by THE HENDERSON ?
- THE HENDERSON collects personal information from Prospective Purchasers so that our sales agents can contact you to provide you with more information about the Development.
- THE HENDERSON collects personal information from Purchasers in order to ensure the Development can proceed and that we can comply with our obligations to you under the contract of sale.
How is personal information collected by THE HENDERSON ?
THE HENDERSON collects personal information:
- From Prospective Purchasers when you submit your details through the “register your interest” form on our Website;
- From Purchasers when you complete and sign a contract of sale for an apartment in the Development; and
- From our sales agents when Prospective Purchasers give them personal information to register your interest in purchasing an apartment in the Development and the agent passes those details on to us.
We will take reasonable steps to notify you about our collection of you personal information, and will provide all relevant information prescribed under the Privacy Act.
We will only collect personal information by lawful and fair means. We will destroy or de-identify any personal information we receive if we would not ordinarily be permitted to collect that information under the Privacy Act.
What kinds of personal information are collected by THE HENDERSON ?
The personal information we may collect includes:
- general contact information such as telephone, email and postcode
- If you are a Prospective Purchaser, where you are from, the kind of apartment you are interested in, and how you found out about the Development, as well as any details relevant to the prospective purchase, such as your queries and our response to those queries; and
- If your are a Purchaser, any details relevant to the purchase, which are included in the contract of sale or in other communications with you either before or after the contract of sale being entered into.
How is personal information used by THE HENDERSON ?
How is personal information disclosed by THE HENDERSON ?
If you are a Prospective Purchaser, we will forward your personal information to our sales agents so that they can contact you and provide you with more information about the Development.
If you a Purchaser, we may need to disclose your personal information to our consultants and contractors, for example, the builder, engineers, architects, legal advisors, financiers, auditors, sales agents, settlement agents, the owners corporation manager, the building manager or other consultants. We may also need to disclose your personal information to government authorities such as the Foreign Investment Review Board, the State Revenue Office of Victoria, the City of Glen Eira and South East Water. These disclosures are necessary for us to comply with our obligations under law and/or under the terms of the contract of sale.
THE HENDERSON will not otherwise use or disclose any information about you without your consent, except as otherwise required or permitted under the Privacy Act.
Does THE HENDERSON disclose personal information to overseas recipients?
Some of our Purchasers and Prospective Purchasers are not residents of Australia, in which case we may disclose information about those persons to our sales agents based in the Purchasers or Prospective Purchaser’s country of residence.
We do not otherwise disclose personal information to any recipients located outside Australia except as required or permitted under the Privacy Act.
Does THE HENDERSON use personal information for direct marketing communications?
We may contact you using the contact details which you provide to us in order to provide you with direct marketing communications about the Development or other developments we undertake.
We will comply with our obligations under Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth) in relation to such direct marketing communications.
You may opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us at any time by contacting us using the details set out below.
How does THE HENDERSON store personal information?
We will take all reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, interference, and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We store personal information we collect on secure servers and/or in hardcopy records stored in secure access facilities. We require our employees and contractors to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we hold.
Where we no longer require your personal information we will take reasonable steps to destroy it.
How can I access, change or delete THE HENDERSON records of my personal information?
You may request access to our records of your personal information by contacting us using the details set out below. We will generally make your information available to you within 14 days of receiving your request. However, we may require you to pay a reasonable charge for access. We also reserve the right to refuse you access to your information in certain circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act.
THE HENDERSON will use its best endeavours to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you wish to update your personal information, please contact THE HENDERSON using the details set out below to request an amendment to your record. Where it is established that personal information we hold about you is not accurate or up-to-date, we will take all steps necessary to amend it.
Changes to the THE HENDERSON Policy
How can I make a query or complaint about privacy?
write to us at:
MALVERN ROAD NO 1 PTY LTD
Level 1, 422 Burnley Street
Richmond VIC 3121; or
email us at email@example.com
THE HENDERSON takes complaints seriously, and upon receipt will examine the complaint and instigate internal procedures to ensure compliance with the Privacy Act.